Monday, December 8, 2008

Mini Cooper S7 -I am going to tell you a story!

Hi Guys & Gals,

For you that like cars modification, I am going to share with you a story, a story that is about the restoration of my Mini Cooper S7 1976....

It all started on March 2007, when I was introduced to a well known hairdresser called Ah Fei who have a mini minor 850cc which given to him by a friend who later died of cancer. The mini was in very bad conditions parked in front of the hairdresser's previous home somewhere in Pudu.

Even though, it was not driven for years, nevertheless, he keep the mini's roadtax renewed every year and once awhile start the engine to keep thing in conditions.......

Out of our conversations after knowing him for a few months in May where we chit chat about car modification, he introduced to me this mini minor 850cc and stated his intention to sell it to somebody that can take good care for the car. He shared with me the story behind the Mini Minor and I was moved of the history behind it. I decided to go and have a look on the car...

Myself, being a modified car enthusiast for a long time considering to build a sport pack Mini Cooper with all the latest modification parts. As soon as I saw the car, I was pretty sure, that is the car I will acquire and restore it. Thus I bought the mini minor from the hairdresser, Ah Fei.

It is from that moment of May 2007, the journey of restoration started with many exciting challenges and fun. Here are some pictures of the initial Mini parked in the isolation waiting for a new owner...Me!

Add Image



The saga continues in my next posting with more insight on this transforming Mini Cooper S7 project, stay tune......

By the way, just a preview how my Mini Cooper S7 look like today, here a snapshot.





No comments: